Grass Fed vs. Grain Fed
At Hawley Ranch, there are no middlemen or feedlots to fatten up the cattle with grain before harvesting. The livestock never leave the ranch, and grow up eating forages that the ranch has produced. This allows us to provide our customers with the highest quality products available, giving you better tasting meat without sacrificing your health.
Better for Your Body
Grass-fed products are better for your body, providing the right types of fat, richer antioxidants, and less fat and calories than meat from grain-fed animals. Also, they do not contain traces of added hormones, antibiotics or other drugs. Choosing grass-fed products simply makes more sense.
Ten Reasons to choose Grass-Fed Beef
Grass-fed beef is better for human health than grain-fed beef in ten different ways, according to the most comprehensive analysis to date. The 2009 study was a joint effort between the USDA and researchers at Clemson University in South Carolina. Compared with grain-fed beef, grass-fed beef was:
- Lower in total fat
- Higher in beta-carotene
- Higher in vitamin E
- Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
- Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium
- Higher in total omega-3s
- A healthier ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids (1.65 vs 4.84)
- Higher in CLA, a potential cancer fighter
- Higher in vaccenic acid (which can be transformed into CLA)
- Lower in the saturated fats linked with heart disease
You can find out more about these statistics and read helpful information about the products you eat every day at the Eat Wild Website.